Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
The GHC Workspace Co-Working Space
The GHC Workspace is a co-working space located at the Georgetown Heritage Center, 809 Taos Street, Georgetown, CO 80444, and is owned and operated by the Georgetown Trust for Conservation and Preservation, Inc, hereby known as the Georgetown Trust.
Membership Features and Descriptions:
Below are some, but not all, of the benefits members receive as part of their membership:
All Memberships Amenities:
- Access to high-speed wireless internet.
- Wireless password should not be shared with anyone.
- Guest WiFi networks and passwords will be available.
- Use of conference room (as available).
- Dedicated Desk can reserve conference room space as it is available. Mobile users get 4 hours of conference room space a month (does not roll over) and Daily users can reserve the conference room for an additional fee.
- Help yourself to complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks.
- Use of office equipment, printers, and other supplies found within the office.
- A breakroom style kitchen, with prep tables, supplies, shared refrigerator, microwave, electric kettle, and coffee machine is available. Users are required to clean up after themselves.
General Building Use Rules:
- Specific dedicated desks are subject to change. Desks in the SE Classroom will move if the room is rented as a conference space.
- Memberships are non-transferrable
- The hallways and basement are shared spaces. Please maintain thoughtful noise levels.
- No items may be attached directly to the walls and ceilings.
- With prior approval, items may be hung from the top chalkboard art rail using special tape. No use of nails or screws; only approved methods of attachment. See GHC coordinator for details.
- Any moved furniture must be returned to its original position.
- All children must have adult supervision.
- A credit card will be held on file and used in the event of damages to any GHC property resulting from misuse or neglect, or for excessive cleaning fees.
- GHC Workspace is not responsible for loss or damage of personal ite
- Alcohol is not permitted for meetings, conferences, or events without prior explicit authorization from the Trust.
- No pets permitted without express permission from the Georgetown Trust
Payment Terms & Options:
- All membership payments are due on the first day of service and will renew on the same date each month (i.e. December 25, January 25, February 25 etc) until cancellation of membership.
- Daily Drop-In payments are due and processed on the day of said drop-in.
- Auto-payment is required for non-daily memberships, and will be set up at the start of your membership by The Georgetown Trust staff.
- GHC Workspace/ Georgetown Trust reserve the right to charge late fees and/or suspend contracts if payments are not received on time.
- Cancellations are subject to the cancellation policy.
- All subscription memberships will be reviewed 30 days before expiration and continue on a month-to-month basis at full price, unless a new agreement is arranged between The Georgetown Trust and the client. All new agreements will be in writing, signed and dated by both parties.
Acceptance of Terms:
1. Right to Revision.
The Georgetown Trust reserves the right to update the TOU at any time. The Georgetown Trust will attempt to contact you to notify you of any updates within 30 days of their enactment using the contact information provided in the Membership Agreement.
- Description of Services.
The Georgetown Trust may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, general office equipment, conference space, and other services (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use.
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any The Georgetown Trust server, or the network(s) connected to any The Georgetown Trust server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any of The Georgetown Trust servers or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
- Use of Services.
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
- Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through The Georgetown Trust.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
The Georgetown Trust reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the Services as the Georgetown Trust deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in The Georgetown Trust’s sole discretion.
- Participation In Use of Services.
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that The Georgetown Trust does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, The Georgetown Trust provides the Services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the Services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of, or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality or arising out of participation in or the use of the Services, remains with you.
- Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall The Georgetown Trust and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty [including of good faith or of reasonable care], negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the Services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of The Georgetown Trust, and even if The Georgetown Trust has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
The Georgetown Trust reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. The Georgetown Trust further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
- Prohibited Items.
Users (the undersigned and all associated parties) shall not use or possess certain items within The Georgetown Heritage Center as they may pose a hazard to others and or the workspace. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Flammable materials such as: candles, incense, explosives, fireworks, gasoline, propane, butane, etc.
- TV or radio antennae or any other objects that are placed outside the room window.
- Weapons including, but not limited to, firearms.
- Paraphernalia including, but not limited to, bongs, pipes, rolling papers, etc.
- Halogen lamps.
- Hot plates.
- Heating/immersion coils.
- Electric frying pans.
- Toaster ovens.
- Electric heaters.
- Electric blankets.
- If in doubt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to review items that may or may not be prohibited.
This is a historic building, and as such, no attachments may be made to the walls, ceilings, floors, chalkboards, or any other permanent service. Please email email@example.com to discuss approved methods of display, if desired.